A hacked WordPress site is as damaging as having your home burgled. It can completely shatter your peace of mind and adversely impact your online business.
Why do hackers target WordPress sites? The answer is relatively simple: WordPress is the single biggest platform for website creation these days, so there’s a larger base to attack; this attracts the attention of online criminals.
So, how can a hack impact your website?
Depending on the type of attack, your website could suffer any of the following:
- It could be defaced completely;
- It could load or operate very slowly on any device;
- It could completely crash and malfunction;
- It could display the dreadful “White Screen of Death”;
- Its incoming visitors could be redirected to other suspicious websites;
- It could lose all your valuable customer data.